[Rhodes22-list] Portlight re-sealing

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:20:35 EST 2021

In the past I have used marine 100% silicone and the portholes and port
lights never failed while I owned the boats. I just finished reinstalling a
1 X 3 port in my big boat and the mfg was quite adamant that I use Dow 975
silicone sealant. It has strong adhesion (60 psi?) to fiberglass and lexan
/plexiglass. Down side it takes 14-21 days to cure. I should have read the
data sheet, so we are here in Sunny (sort of) Fl for a couple more weeks
until we can head south east a couple hundred miles. If you don’t mind the
wait it might be the best product to use.
Chris Geankoplis
Enosis