[Rhodes22-list] Email Attachments and Macintosh Computers

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Jul 2 09:50:43 EDT 2021

On the off chance that what Jeff has been testing is sending attachments (e.g. photos) to the list while using a Mac, I'm sorry to say that this does not work. The attachments are stripped out.

I know Mike has looked into this and was unable to find a cause other than there must be something about how the native email client ('Mail') formats the attachment that the list software (Mailman) doesn't like.

 As a Mac user myself, I've used several work-arounds for this issue.

My ISP offers a web interface for my email service, and attachments sent to the list through that interface come through.

I've used an alternate email client on my Mac.  Specifically, 'Spark', which is free for personal use and available in the App Store.  I only use this for the specific purpose of sending attachments to the list, and otherwise continue to use the native email client.

As Mike mentioned, I've developed a web interface for posting to the list that will eventually be part of the rhodes22.org website.  When this update is made available, it offer another way for Mac users (and everybody else) to send attachments to the list.

Your patience is appreciated.

--Peter