[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Clutch

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 14:48:25 EDT 2021

By happenstance I ran across this product, bought it, and love it, so I
thought I'd share: The Tiller Clutch is very well built and sturdy and its
simplicity, ease, and immediacy makes for a great addition to my rig. I
installed it yesterday and sailed hands free most of the day and with the
tiller locked in place I had fun steering the boat by just shifting my
weight port to starboard. It couldn't be easier to grab its little lever to
make small adjustments, or with a little flick, it clicks off completely.
I'm still experimenting with the placement of the control line but
eventually I'll install dedicated cam cleats or V type jams probably on the
transom — something that can be immediately released to get it out of the
way quickly if in some urgent situation. The line can be easily slipped out
of the clutch and stowed when not in use and can be threaded back on in
seconds. (see two pics) Check it out at:   https://www.wavefrontmarine.com/

Slim
Fandango