[Rhodes22-list] Used IMF mainsail wanted

stan stan at generalboats.com
Thu Jul 22 19:06:30 EDT 2021

There are only three explanations for Charles misinformation on a GB IMF
furling tube and main sail:

1.    He may be thinking of the genoa.  Early Rhodes' Genoas had a
sleeve that went over a plain round tube.
That idea was junked when I was very young, in favor or making our own
die to extrude a slotted furling tube that requires that the sail must
wrap in the direction the extruded tube is designed to accommodates.

2.    He has run across a fake IMF that was never made by GB.  Can you
visualize what a messed up shape an IMF main would take on if it were
only made fast on just the top end and bottom end of its furling tube
and the sail was being used partly reefed.  If you ever run across an
IMF sail the has a sleeve mounting design instead of a bolt rope, get me
the name of the sailmaker and I will sue and split the award with you. and
3.    Rhodies occasionally think I am wrong.  Admittedly I am not always
right.  But I am never wrong.

Jose, I might be able to give you a used one to get you through what is
left of your summer.  And of course it has a bolt rope as your boat
requires.  Just appreciate what you get for nothing is usually worth
just that, so plan on getting yourself a new one for next year.

stan