[Rhodes22-list] Quick Battery Question

Matt Wilson mwhornblower at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 19:37:01 EDT 2021

Hey everyone,

I have a 1990 Rhodes with deep cycle battery in the lazarette that is connected to a blue sea systems switch. I also have a deep cycle battery in the cabin. Are these batteries connected?  The lazarette battery switch has been off, yet my motor has started just fine.  Does that mean I have been running it off the cabin battery?  If so perhaps that’s why my running lights are dim.
I also have a small solar panel that can be set on top of the cabin.  Does that work to keep the system topped off?  Do I still need to occasionally recharge both batteries?

Thanks so much for your help,
Matt Wilson
Hornblower II
White Bear Lake, MN