[Rhodes22-list] Apostle Islands High Adventure Trip Cancelled

bobfcohen at gmail.com bobfcohen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:55:17 EDT 2021

Hi Roger -

I am familiar with some of those cardiac procedures and their perils.  Some
years ago I had a heart attack followed by a catheterization which disclosed
multiple blocked arteries and led to open heart surgery.   Then some months
after that I had additional chest discomfort (never the "classic" chest
pains) and went back to the hospital for another cardiac catheterization .
In doing the probe, the cardiologist inadvertently dislodged a piece of
plaque which migrated through my vascular system and resulted in a brain
stem stroke.  My vision was messed up for about a year, but finally came
back.  The body is amazing and modern medicine can do wonders, but sometimes
bad things happen.

You are wise to postpone your trip.  I am a relatively new Rhodes 22 owner,
and stand in awe of you and others on the List.  My boat "Silver Bay" is
docked in Onekama, Michigan on Portage Lake, which is about 125 miles from
Midland.    If you would like to go sailing with us this summer, you would
be very welcome.  We are fully vaccinated.  My wife and I  actually live in
Morgantown, West Virginia, and will be going to our "Up North" house the
third week of June, with a tentative launch date of June 21.  We had
problems with the IMF last summer (as Jesse Shumaker knows from when he
visited in the fall and helped us) but hopefully they will be resolved.   If
you are interested in visiting and sailing on Silver Bay, you can email me
at bobfcohen at gmail.com to work out details.

I hope things are going well in your three-day stay which starts today and
that the cardiac cath procedure on June 10 will be successful and bring your
A-fib back under control.

Bob Cohen