[Rhodes22-list] We launched today! Lake Michigan motor stuff.

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:40:14 EDT 2021

I have more than a dozen small gasoline engines and I never drain or run
the fuel out, unless its going into long term storage for several years.
Most have plastic fuel tanks though, but I keep the ones with steel tanks
full in the off seasons and I have inline filters in all of them.

I am a big believer in fuel stabilizers like Sta-bil (the red stuff)
because I use low octane pump gas with ethanol. I run the treatment mixture
at twice the recommendation for over 90 day storage.  Every engine starts
each season on the first or second pull. These products do not really
stabilize the fuel but it has something to do with preventing the ethanol
from absorbing water out of the air.
I can envision Roger cringing right now. Maybe he can give us the
engineering explanation of how this stuff works, but I swear by it.
This is by no means advice; just my experiences.

Todd T.

tavares0947 at gmail.com