[Rhodes22-list] R22 in Deltaville, VA

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 7 20:48:14 EDT 2021

Hi Mike,
  We are very happy with Tara except on the days when conditions are
perfect for sailing.

As you probably know, we did a lot of cruising on Fretless from
overnights to 2 week cruises. As we got older we found we were going out
less and less when conditions were less that ideal and agility issues
made us less confident about sailing the boat. When we decided to sell
Fretless we thought we would be replacing her with a small runabout just
to get us out on the water but just couldn't get excited about anything.
It wasn't until we stepped aboard the Rosborough that we knew our next
step. It was her similarity to the Rhodes in terms of simplicity, size,
closeness to the water and the sturdy good seakeeping design that led us
onward. Not to mention the air conditioning at the dock in 90 degree
weather and the windshield wipers and enclosed helm in the rain.

On the other hand, while Tara has her own Facebook page updated
sporadically, the boat photos on our walls at home are Fretless and the
memories are very sweet and seeing Respite here in Deltaville, truly
made me smile.

Mary Lou