[Rhodes22-list] Outboard Insurance

S/V Lark Colealexander at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 8 17:54:58 EDT 2021

Mine is also bundled  with my State Farm homeowners policy, separate for
trailer, motor  and boat with assigned values.   They were a challenge when
my trailer got damaged, clearly they are not well versed on boat trailers,
didn't have anybody to provide an estimate, and wasted  a great deal of my
time.   They were also very pissy that Ohio doesn't title trailers less then
4000 pounds.  I finally got them to settle for the policy value, which was
too low (my bad).   They decided they didn't want to mess with a bent
trailer so I'm trying to sell it as salvage for the axle now.

I looked at BoatUS and their company (I forget who it is) last year, but
didn't want to haul the boat wherever a surveyor could be found.

Alex

-----
Alex Cole
S/V Lark