[Rhodes22-list] Navigation Lights

Mike McKay mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:37:18 EDT 2021

Hi All,

I need to replace my bow navigation light and possibly my masthead
anchor/steaming light.

I contacted Stan and he said that the bow light is manufactured by Sea-Dog,
but I'm having a bit of trouble locating it except on their website.
Moreover, the Sea-Dog fixture is incandescent and I want LED of course.  I
could buy it and replace the bulbs but have any of you found a good
substitute for the bow navigation light?

I also asked Stan about replacing my masthead light fixture which doesn't
work and is very corroded.  If I do replace it, it should also be LED.
Stan's view is that we don't really need a masthead light anyway, so having
a masthead fixture is more trouble than it's worth.  Nonetheless, I like to
keep things working as they were originally designed, so I'd be interested
in your opinions.

In regards to the masthead light, the electrical connection at the base of
my mast has 4 pins, but it is not keyed.  How do I determine the correct
orientation?

Thanks for your input.

Mike McKay
s/v Liber 2006/2018