[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift

Robert Baldi rob.o.baldi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 18:44:26 EDT 2021

Hello gang. I have a Rhodes I sail on Long Beach Island. I have not posted
on the list for years. I had my boat redone after Hurricane Sandy. General
Boats added a motor lift. Last weekend it stopped working. There may be a
problem with the rocker switch or maybe it’s the motor. Can anyone tell me
who manufactured the motor, where I can get replacement parts and is there
a design description printed somewhere to guide me on how to service it or
repair it?
I have no idea how to get it repaired or what is wrong with it. To me,
motors on sailboats are great. They are a great asset unless you need them.
My outboard motors have always worked perfectly in calm weather when they
were not critical. I have sailed back into my slip on a number of occasions
swearing at technology.
Your advice would be greatly appreciated.I probably should not have agreed
to add the motor lift knowing this day would come.
rob
Years ago I posted as moses2you.......(for anyone who has been on the list
for more than 15 years)
--
rob

From my IPad