[Rhodes22-list] are there any Rhodes 22 sailors near Lake Winnipesaukee in NH?

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 07:53:07 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

Along with a few other sailors from our club at Lake Manawa in Iowa, I'm
going to be participating in the JBT Regatta on July 17 at
Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire.  It's a fundraiser for pediatric brain
cancer research and our team will be sailing in memory of my daughter
Maddie.  My wife and I started the Nebraska Chapter of The Cure Starts Now
and it so happens that the New Hampshire Chapter of The Cure Starts Now was
also started by a guy named Jesse who is a sailor.  He started it in memory
of his son John.  We'll be borrowing his J80 for the race and he is
borrowing a boat from a friend so we can all participate.

I started sailing in 2018, several years after Maddie passed away in 2015
when she was 8 years old.  Sailing has been a very helpful outlet for me
and I'm grateful that I found it when I did.

Anyway, I have a couple of free days in New Hampshire (and a rental car
available) following the regatta, so if there happen to be any Rhodies in
the area, it would be great to meet up.

If you happen to be interested in participating in the regatta, here is a
link to the Notice of Race:
https://events.thecurestartsnow.org/media/4031/notice-of-race-6th-annual-jbt-regatta.pdf

Our team page is at the following link in case anyone wants to contribute.
There are absolutely no expectations here, but I would be remiss if I
didn't at least post the link.
https://p2p.thecurestartsnow.org/402

Thanks,
Jesse Shumaker