[Rhodes22-list] Mainsail slide

Tom Van Heule tom.vanheule at intrinsicprograms.com
Sat Jun 19 09:15:51 EDT 2021

After my last escapade, of which the RCA seems to be not cleating the
inhaul sheet properly on the boom. This allowed the clew of the mainsail to
flop out and unfurl, allowing maniacal stress on the cars plate.

However it inspired my neighbor down the slip, who has a much older boat
(r22 tho) was inspired to update his outhaul.

He went with A nylon sail slide that fits the groove on the boom and a
dyneema soft shackle.   Said it was about $30 at west marine, most in the
shackle.    I haven't seen it in action, but he seems to like it so far.
(Ymmv)