[Rhodes22-list] Headsail Furler Cable broke

Bob Garrant bgarrant at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 13:47:21 EDT 2021

I was able to replace the forestay cable for the headsailI furler.
I attached two pictures:
1) the terminal from the masthead
2) the cable from inside the furler

I’m guessing the cable began to bind within the furler and twisted back and
forth to unbraid the cable.

Not sure what caused it unless i did overtighten the backstay tension.

Back on the water.

Bob Garrant
s/v Sail la Vie