[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Burgee Update

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Thu Mar 4 16:47:08 EST 2021

Okay, guys, I need your understanding (and sympathy). In talking with the
flag shop, The Burgee Shoppe.com, our choice of design ran into a glitch and
I think we should modify the design.  The design that we voted on(first
picture) had a white border on the perimeter of the blue triangle, showing a
bit of blue on the edge. The maker says that the blue edge would have to be
one half inch. This would impede on the rest of the flag and need to reduce
the size of the "R22" logo/font. I sent them a quick modification that does
two things: The original design with the white border looks smaller because
the white border blends into the sky background and 2, actually makes the
burgee stand out better. The woman on the phone said she actually liked it
better.

This is the only supplier I found that would let us order individually, but
we have to give them a commitment of at least 25. In doing so, a setup fee
is waived. They haven't said anything about a deposit (yet!) so we're
counting on everybody to step it up. They have quoted us $24.00 per flag but
I don't have shipping terms yet.

We have commitments from List Members for 38 burgees so far. I notice that a
number of you plan to purchase 2 burgees, as I do. I plan to frame one for
my den. If anyone wants to increase their order, let me know.

My question for The List: Does the new design meet with your approval?

Please ONLY RESPOND if you DO NOT approve do not want the new design OR if
you want to ADD AN ADDITIONAL BURGEE to your commitment.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/Rhodes22_Burgee.jpg>

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/Rhodes_22_Burgee_Triangle.jpg>

-----
Joe Dempsey