[Rhodes22-list] Compression Post

Cary Tolbert retiredtoby at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 17:31:28 EST 2021

Patrick, I have an 86. When I purchased the boat I knew I had to replace
the head area decking. After I had pulled up the rotten flooring I noticed
a block of what appeared to be made from black King Starboard material.
I am guessing it was approximately 7 to 8 inch square and the depth was
from the hull up to the deck that supported the post that supports the mast
area. I also have the old version of the head with no door, just a
Portable behind the galley bulkhead. I know not all Rhodes are alike once
you get past the fiberglass. Other members can probably help out on some of
your other questions.
Cary Tolbert
S/V Whisper '86
Radford, VA