[Rhodes22-list] mooring

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Tue Mar 9 10:57:26 EST 2021

Scott,

I’m not sure what you’re asking, and it may be a terminology issue.  Is it possible that when you say ‘bow eye’ you mean ‘bow cleat’?  The bow cleat would be attached to the deck, where as the bow eye is attached to the stem of the hull.  You could in theory attach your mooring to the bow eye, but I can’t see why you would want a second one.

Adding one or two more cleats at the bow is a pretty common project. You would want it through-bolted, and you would want to avoid any possibility of water finding it’s way into the deck core.  I’d recommend a drill-fill-drill approach.  If you don’t know what that is, I can elaborate.

—Peter