[Rhodes22-list] BURGEE ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Tue Mar 9 14:02:56 EST 2021

Okay, Rhodies, here’s the deal:
You’re saying to yourself “I already ordered!” NO, you committed to order!
That gave me a number to give to fabricators in order to get the best price.
I originally estimated between $30 and $35 plus shipping.  The Burgee Shoppe
gave us the best price and the only vendor that would allow individual
ordering. It is the same company that makes burgees for the Marine Trawlers
Association. The price is $29.95 INCLUDING shipping within the U.S.!  There
is an additional $7.00 charge for shipments to Canada. HOWEVER, it requires
us all to get our orders in right away so they can “pool” the orders to get
required minimum production. All is ready for you to place your orders. It
will be a somewhat clumsy process, since the owner of the business recently
passed away, and his wife, Cindy is running the show. Although, not ideal
from my standpoint, it’s the best we could come up with. From my
conversations with her, she is genuinely nice and easy to work with.
Although they have a shopping cart system on their website for inventoried
products, there is no shopping cart style on-line ordering for custom items.
[REFER TO THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO PLACE YOUR ORDERS] Hopefully, once we
are established with the initial order, they will be able to add a tab for
“Rhodes 22 Burgees”. Normally, an organization would place the minimum order
with a deposit and have it paid for so individuals “members” could order
directly. Cindy is going to let us pool our orders and they won’t start
production until those orders reach 25.  The good news, is that you guys
have committed to 48 and counting!
Until she can get IT help to set up a R22 Cart for on-line ordering, we’ll
have to order via email or phone. If you order by email, PLEASE cc me:
joedempsey at hughes.net so I can monitor the ordering until we’ve got the pool
amount.
Specifications: The burgee will be made from high quality 400 denier nylon
pack cloth, UV treated on both sides; and stitched with extra strong UV
resistant thread also treated for mildew resistance.  The burgee pattern is
sewn on both sides concurrently with the same stitch, called appliqué and
provides the best marine burgee.  The two brass star grommets along the
polypropylene heading are special design for burgee applications. Burgees
are designed to withstand a marine environment and are by far the highest
quality burgees available.
Pricing:  $29.95 including free shipping only to United States. Add $7.00
for Canada. No Europe delivery.
Delivery will in 3-4 weeks via US Mail.
Ordering Instructions:

TYPE THE FOLLOWING:

Please send ____  15” X 18” RHODES 22 Burgee(s) at $29.95 to:
NAME, SHIPPING ADDRESS
Your phone number (for Cindy to call for your payment information)

Email above to Herb at Halling.com or a secondary email
Cindy.Halling1 at gmail.com.
PLEASE cc: "herroberst at hughes.net"
Expect a return call from Cindy Halling : (562) 252-6005.

NOTE: Your card statement will show the billing as OPB Entertainment.

<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/Rhodes_22_Burgee_Triangle.jpg>

-----
Joe Dempsey
s/v Respite