[Rhodes22-list] Compression Post and Head Door Problems

Allyn Baskerville allynb at adsne.com
Tue Mar 9 18:18:38 EST 2021

Graham, you are correct. The floor support was not installed properly, which made the floor sag - the support was at least 1/4” too low under the front of the floor and 1” toward the back. Hence, no support directly under the compression post.

I made the unfortunate mistake of attempting to remove the piece of wood (OSB) that was installed improperly. The board just crumbled into pieces.  I should have screwed some other pieces on either side of the OSB to support the floor. I have a plan to fix, but it’s more work than just attacking to what was already in place. All wood that is going in is pressure treated and epoxy coated.

Sent from my iPhone