[Rhodes22-list] Electric Motor Lift Question

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 20:15:49 EST 2021

Hi Stephen,

The prior owner of my boat had the boat in Florida for several years so it
was in a saltwater environment, but it was on a lift so it wasn't left
sitting in the water.  When I bought the boat, the remote control was
becoming unreliable and that was the only switch.  Some other folks on the
list have had some concerns about the remote and perhaps some people have
found replacements for the remote.  I think some people have added a wired
switch.  I took the approach of replacing the winch with one that came with
a wired switch as well as two remote controls since I prefer redundancy.
It has worked out well.  I documented that project at the following link:
http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/Replacement-of-winch-for-motor-lift-td56157.html#none

I think most (perhaps all) of the ATV winches have the release knob that
Bob showed in his photo.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr