[Rhodes22-list] Flag placement?

Richard Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Wed Mar 17 15:06:45 EDT 2021

Joe
Thanks for all that good flag protocol. You might have been directing your corrections to Rick lang or - - -
But I have never claimed to know proper yacht flag standards.
I do what I’ve been doing since I was kid and never looked up the official rules for flags.
However, I happen to agree with everything you said.
I fly my ensign from a staff on a bracket on the stern rail,  just to starboard of center.
I fly burgees from the masthead at rest and on the starboard flag halyard when sailing.
I use the main halyard or topping lift for the masthead, either works, depending on boom location etc.
Was St. Patric a sailor?
Ric

Richard Stott, AIA, LEED AP
www.stottarchitecture.com