[Rhodes22-list] Bottom paint

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Mar 18 15:01:15 EDT 2021

The lifting frame can be easily erected almost anywhere. It is a great tool to have when you need to elevate the Rhodes 22 for maintenance, emergency repairs or, as in the next paragraph, to load a Rhodes 22 onto a trailer without a forklift or crane.

Back in 2006, Hank bought a Rhodes 22 that had been sitting on jack stands and some blocks in an old boatyard in Port Jefferson, NY, not too far from my home. Nobody from the yard was available when Hank came with a trailer to pick up his new toy so I showed him how to lift her. A quick trip to a nearby Home Depot to build an A-frame and winch the bow up high enough to slip the trailer under her and she was on her way to her new home!

Original posting:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2006-September/034144.html

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)