[Rhodes22-list] How to prevent mainsail UV damage?

Michael McKay mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:44:08 EDT 2021

Thanks Patrick, my boat lives in its slip with the mast up all year, so a
portion of the sail will always get some sun exposure through the slot in
the mast.  Unfortunately, it’s always the same 1” section of the sail.

The only idea I’ve come up with is a zipped up Sunbrella sleeve to go
around the mast—I’ve see those used for some roller furling headsails.
Doing that would require adding a halyard to pull the sleeve up. I’m not
sure how hard that would be.

Any other suggestions?

--
Michael McKay (mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com)