[Rhodes22-list] [Rhodes22e-list] New Traveler Modifications

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Wed Mar 24 12:12:14 EDT 2021

Rick,

When you ease the traveler, the end of the boom does not rise as it does when you ease the mainsheet.  Thus the mainsail shape is affected much less when you ease the traveler vs the mainsheet.  When you trim the traveler back to where it was, the flow reattaches itself much quicker.  Overall, boat speed stays higher.  That’s why you play the traveler much more than the mainsheet.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium
Sent from my iPhone