[Rhodes22-list] Summer 2021 Cruise Plans?

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 12:14:59 EDT 2021

Hi Roger, I hope your recovery picks up speed so you can enjoy the trip to
Apostle Islands.  We would all enjoy hearing about it.  Hopefully Greece
opens up so we can look forward to hearing more of Chris G's adventures
abroad.

We've got a few trips planned.  A couple of these I have mentioned earlier
on the list.

   - Some sailing classes in San Francisco in late May / early June
   - Charter from Traverse City in late June / early July.  This time we
   are going with another couple that are also sailors we plan to make it out
   of Grand Traverse Bay and up to Charlevoix.  If the weather permits, we'll
   make it over to Beaver Island.  If we get there, then I'll look for the
   signs that your son made for trails awhile ago.
   - A sailing class in August out of Bayfield, Wisconsin to somewhere
   across Lake Superior with some local sailor friends.  I appreciate the
   insight you provided on considerations for this trip.
   - One or two road trips with my Rhodes to larger lakes in the region.
   Probably over labor day weekend but perhaps another one earlier in the
   season.  We might make it down to one of the larger lakes in Kansas.  Now
   that I've got my own tow vehicle it makes it easier to plan a trip.

Fortunately my wife likes sailing and doesn't mind me spending a lot of
time at the lake.  She's looking forward to sailing season as well,
especially since it has such a positive impact on my mood :)

Next year I may do a longer road trip with my Rhodes.  I'm working my way
up as I get used to towing.   Sometime in the next few years, I would like
to take my Rhodes up to Lake Mille Lacs in Minnesota and do a
circumnavigation.  It's a relatively big body of water for the midwest if
you set aside the Great Lakes.  At the link below, you can see a trip
report from someone that has done that:
http://www.altenberg.com/gary/MilleLacs/

It would be interesting to hear about the adventures from other folks on
the list.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr