[Rhodes22-list] Navigation Lights Problem

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun May 2 15:58:25 EDT 2021

Hi Stephan,

Usually, when several things on the same circuit don’t work, the cause is either a bad +12 VDC feed to the breaker, bad breaker, or bad ground.  I suspect the “loose/missing wire” you mentioned was the +12 VDC feed to that circuit breaker.  Try hot wiring a known +12 VDC to the input side of the breaker.  If the nav lights come on; then, your missing wire is the problem.  If the nav lights don’t come on; then, you may have a bad breaker.  Try hot wiring +12 VDC to the output side of the breaker.  If the nav lights come on; then, you have a bad breaker.  If the nav lights still don’t come on; then, you probably have a bad ground.  Find the ground bus bar and see if any of the connections are bad and check continuity to the -12 VDC side of the battery.  One of these will almost certainly solve your problem.  If I were a betting man, I’d bet on a missing 12 VDC feed to the breaker.  Good Luck!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium