[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Extension Replacement

JimIggy zooba72 at hotmail.com
Mon May 10 00:43:04 EDT 2021

I'm wondering if I can hijack this thread to ask a question about the trailer
extension.  I can start a new one if necessary.

I recently acquired a Rhodes 22 w-trailer.  According to the previous owner,
the boat/trailer has been sitting for about 10 years.   I removed the two
pins, but the extension will not move.  I tried pulling the trailer with the
pins removed and the extension is still stuck in place.  There is definitely
rust where the extension passes through the receiver.  I used numerous
sprays, and a 5lb mallet in an effort to free it up.  No luck thus far.  I'm
considering using heat or perhaps an air hammer.   The extension would be
very helpful given where I want to launch.

Has anyone dealt with this ?   Should I start a new thread ?   Thank you

1988 Rhodes 22
Port Jefferson NY