[Rhodes22-list] We launched today! Lake Michigan motor stuff.

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu May 13 16:19:28 EDT 2021

Tom,

Congratulations on launching. She looks great!

Outboards that don't like to idle generally have clogged idle jets. You will need to clean and rebuild the carb, not recommended on the water. I purchased a spare carb on ebay so that I can easily swap them.

Even if you run the engine dry in the fall, they tend to gum up over the winter.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)