[Rhodes22-list] Replace Clevis Pins & Split Rings

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Tue May 18 16:40:16 EDT 2021

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I use 1" PVC to cover the turnbuckles.  I used acetone to wipe off the
red print that seems to be on all PVC.  I cut the PVC for the outside
shrouds taller than the ones for the front lower shrouds, but in retrospect
I would have made them all a bit higher, maybe 30" or so since sometimes
the sheets can catch just a bit on the lower front shrouds in low wind.
There's not a need to cover the lower rear shrouds since the sheets aren't
catching on those, but I do have those covered and I think it will help the
velcro pins last longer.  I have a 130 Genoa instead of the 175 and it
works well for me and tacks well.

By the way, I like your creative solutions.  Thanks for sharing.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr