[Rhodes22-list] We launched today! Lake Michigan motor stuff.

Lee lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:13:04 EDT 2021

Tom,

My first and only outboard was a five year old 9.9 Mercury (Tohatsu) and I
had similar problems with it.  I read all this advice and thought hey I
never did any of this stuff.  Then I Googled it and all the advice is very
sound.

However, after immediately taking the outboard to a mechanic he told me to
just use Startron or Stabil fuel additive.  I used Starton for the nine
years I had the outboard and never again had single problem.  Maybe I was
just lucky.

Lee
Soon to have a 1999 recycled Rhodes22 yet to be named
Claytor Lake, VA