[Rhodes22-list] Trailer

Lee lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:44:21 EDT 2021

I've never trailered anything before so I checked with the archives, the
Internet, and Stan.

Looks like:

17-inch coupling height

2-inch ball

4-prong electrical connection

safety chains (do those come with the trailer?)

10 to 15% tongue weight which would be 50 to 75 pounds with a 5,000 pound
boat/trailer.  Stan feels more comfortable with 100 pound tongue weight.  I
don't believe everything I read on the Internet so I'll go with Stan's
recommendation.  Apparently too little tongue weight and your trailer will
fishtail and too much tongue weight will overload your rear tires and could
create a variety of handling and braking issues.

Lee
Soon to have a 1999 Rhodes22
Claytor Lake, VA