[Rhodes22-list] Axle location

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sat May 22 06:23:14 EDT 2021

Mike,

The 3 attached links will take you to the photo archive for images of the rear trailer jacks on my boat trailer.  As you can see, the rear trailer jacks pivot up for trailering, swing down to stabilize the back of the trailer for parking & using the boarding ladder, and are removable for launching/retrieving.  They attach to a mount welded onto the trailer frame and lock in position with a quick release pin.  For winter storage, they will take the weight off the trailer tires to prevent flat spots.  As the 2nd picture shows, they will raise the trailer wheels high enough to change a tire.   You can also use them, along with the tongue jack, to level out the boat if you ever want to use your R-22 as a travel trailer.  Now, you can wake up in the morning and literally look down on your fellow campers!  Plus, you are up high enough that your pop top camper is practically critter proof.  I installed these back in 1995 and I’ve been very satisfied.  Stan should make these a factory option.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D74ED0.C1411130]

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D74ED0.DC51C730]