[Rhodes22-list] Electric Winch Replacement

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sun Oct 3 17:18:17 EDT 2021

Jeff,

I upgraded from an aftermarket parallelogram linkage style motor mount to the GBI manual motor mount in 2007.  It’s been completely bulletproof and I like that it doesn’t require any electricity.  With a mechanical advantage of 7:1, it’s not a struggle to raise and lower the motor and I like the ability to partially raise and lower the motor.  When motorsailing on starboard tack, it’s helpful to be able to raise the motor mount to keep the power head out of the water.  On port tack, you need to be able to fully lower the motor in order to keep the prop in the water.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium