[Rhodes22-list] Depth of Centerboard Trunk

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Fri Oct 8 18:44:42 EDT 2021

Peter,

I’d find a different dock builder.  I’ve used the kind of trailer your dock builder is proposing for a Hunter 26.  It was an exercise in nail biting both getting the boat on and off the trailer and it required several helpers to line the hull up.  For me, the style of cradle with the long flexible boards would be nonnegotiable and I’d tell the guy to take a hike if he won’t do it.  You’d be surprised what people will do when you won’t budge.

As far as your keel depth, I recommend you take a measurement on the trailing edge.  The hull is pretty flat there and the keel tapers down to a fine edge.

Sent from my iPhone