[Rhodes22-list] Depth of Centerboard Trunk

Todd Tavares tavares0947 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:13:32 EDT 2021

Peter,

Because of the progressive curvature of the hull, it will be very difficult
to give you the calculations you need. And we don't have access to the
plans Triad sent you.

But going from the trailer sketches in the archives; which were taken from
a Triad trailer, if the four uprights are positioned correctly in the x
plane, are the proper height, and have the correct bracket angles, the only
other measurement needed is the drop of the crossmember that holds the
roller (which would likely be a horizontal carpeted board on your cradle).

The trailer sketches show a 4" drop IIRC. So adding this 4" to each upright
length should get you there.

I can try to get you the keelson vertical height measurements from my 1984
tomorrow. I also have an old Triad trailer in the weeds out at the back of
my property. If you need me to take any measurements of that trailer too,
let me know.

Todd T.