[Rhodes22-list] Speed monitoring

Weiss, Robert L rweiss at siu.edu
Sun Oct 10 11:42:48 EDT 2021

Unfortunately, the app I use -- MotionX-GPS -- has been discontinued. I still have it on my phone and the speed part is the best app I have found. It used to also track my trip and allow me to download a map of where I went, but that doesn't work anymore now that the app is discontinued. It also shows the time lapsed, average speed and announces those things at any time interval you choose. Sure wish the app was still current.

I mount my phone to the starboard side support of the pop-top with a holder made for using your phone on a bike. That also allows me to plug my phone into the 12 volt outlet in the cabin, otherwise using gps continuously runs the battery down in a hurry. The app also has a "Jumbo view" that makes it easy to read from the tiller.

Bob
Beach Spring

Robert L Weiss Jr.
Director of Music