[Rhodes22-list] Go Faster

Lee Kuhn lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:54:44 EDT 2021

Roger,

See attached.  When sailing on a close reach I typically balance the main
and Genoa so the helm is pretty neutral, but I've found that I can
sometimes go faster if I put out more Genoa which gives the boat lee helm.
Does that make sense?

On boats other than the Rhodes, can't you sail closest to the wind when
your sheets are pulled as tight as possible?  To have the angle of attack
hit both sails evenly on our boats, wouldn't you need to run the Genoa
sheets between the mast and inside shroud?

Thanks.

Lee