[Rhodes22-list] Furling headsail replacement

Michael McKay mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 12:20:51 EDT 2021

The recent threads regarding mainsails and racing performance issues prompts me to ask a question that’s been on my mind.

My boat has the factory furler, which requires me to drop the mast to remove the headsail.  I’d like the option of being able to change out my 130 for a working jib when appropriate for higher wind race days.

I’ve been contemplating replacing my furler with a CDI or Harken, but I believe I will need an additional halyard for that and my masthead doesn’t have an extra sheave. Has anyone done that replacement and could you share what your experience was?

Thanks,

Michael McKay
s/v Liber (2006/2018)

Sent from my iPhone