[Rhodes22-list] Removing Mast from Boat

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Sep 10 08:50:10 EDT 2021

We were able to do it with just the two of us. I am short and not
particularly strong so it can be done with two people.

If I recall correctly (it was a number of years ago) we lowered the
mast, set the bow end on the pulpit and then lifted the aft end out of
the crutch and set it on the stern pulpit.

We then set up two step ladders one each next to the bow and stern and
then moved the mast to the top of the step ladders. I seem to remember
one person having to hold the other end in place while moving it over or
something similar.

We were then able to move it from the top of the stepladders to the
sawhorses.

Take care and good luck.

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22