[Rhodes22-list] [Rhodes 22 List] Centerboard Down When Motoring on to Trailer?

Graham gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Sep 14 16:27:46 EDT 2021

You can do that and It can be helpful perhaps with a strong cross current that makes alignment with the trailer difficult but I am reluctant to do this out of the fear that I will forget to retract  and cinch the uphaul line. If you make this mistake the centreboard will drop when you back the boat off the trailer and this can result in serious damage as the centreboard can be pushed up with sufficient force to break the centreboard cap. That will ruin your whole day.