[Rhodes22-list] Camping/Sailing Trip With My Boy Scout Troop

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Sep 21 11:17:30 EDT 2021

Mike,

The boat was sailed up the Intercoastal Waterway to New York, up the Hudson River, thru the Erie Canal, and into the Great Lakes.

The trailer is  a much modified house moving trailer.  It has 8 wheels.  Like all good toys, there is some assembly and adjustment of the outriggers required before each use.  All folded up, the trailer can be towed empty down the road.  Here’s a photo of the boat approaching the trailer on the launch ramp and another with the boat on the trailer; but, still in the water.  Linwood Marina has a 4 lane launch ramp and we have to use the middle 2 lanes.  As you might expect, it takes longer than the average trailerable boat to launch or retrieve S/V Now What.  But, it’s a good show and we always draw a crowd!

I don’t know if it would even be possible to get the necessary extra wide load permits to drive something like this on the road.  I’m sure it would require a police escort and road closures at bare minimum

Roger Pihlaja

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D7AEDA.41683190]
                                  S/V Now What Approaching It’s Trailer.  Just put the two hulls between the fiberglass poles – easy peasy!

[cid:image005.jpg at 01D7AEDA.41683190]
                   Checking To Be Certain S/V Now What Is Sitting Properly on It’s Trailer Before Coming The Rest Of The Way Out Of The Water
                   Note Adian coming down the bow stairway – In calm weather S/V Now What can be beached and you can step off the boat onto the beach.
                   It also makes for a really nice SCUBA diving support boat.