[Rhodes22-list] IMF sail sticking

Weiss, Robert L rweiss at siu.edu
Wed Apr 27 09:41:38 EDT 2022

I bought my recycled Rhodes 22 from Stan in 2014 and have had very few problems. This year when I opened up the boat, I dropped the mast in order to pull out the block that holds the boom to the mast and better secure the locknut on that bolt. It kept working loose and getting the nut back on is difficult. However, my sail now sticks a couple times when pulling it out. Never had this problem in the past. Any suggestions for what the problem is? I can't see what is binding. I can always eventually get the sail unstuck, but it just isn't as smooth as it used to be.

Thanks for your help.
Bob
Beach Spring
1998 Rhodes 22 Recycled in 2014