[Rhodes22-list] Winterizing my 4 stroke

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Thu Dec 8 11:54:11 EST 2022

Hi Matt,

I usually disconnect the fuel line and run the engine until the carburetor runs dry.  Then, while the engine is still warm, I change the engine oil and gearbox oil.  Then, I pull the spark plugs and squirt some engine oil into each cylinder.  Turn the engine over by hand with the spark plugs out to distribute the oil and then reinstall the spark plugs.  If the engine has been used in saltwater, flush the cooling passages with fresh water and let it drain out.  That’s about all you need to do.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone