[Rhodes22-list] Winterizing my 4 stroke

jpd9668 at gmail.com jpd9668 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:52:32 EST 2022

Matt,
All of the recommendations given are good, sound advice. Two things that are paramount: Do not run ethanol fuel in your outboard, inboard (or anything else if you can help it!). I use ethanol free ("no corn") and also add StaBil 360. (2). Flush your engine with fresh water every time you go out. Changing the oil at the end of the season is best, but if you're keeping yours indoors, you can get away with waiting until Spring. Same for your lower unit.  I'd at least fog your intake and squirt some oil in the cylinder.  I run my engine dry of fuel which you can do while its running out the fuel in the lines.

Good luck,

Joe Dempsey
S/V Respite
Deltaville, VA