[Rhodes22-list] IMF Main Sail

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Thu Dec 22 15:28:25 EST 2022

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to all my Rhodie friends.
While we seem to be on the main sail subject - - -
There’s a guy in Massachusetts who has an IMF mast and boom that he’s willing to give up for 500 bucks.
I have  a continental Rig and feel the main would perform much better than an IMF sail - HOWEVER
I race on a big boat and don’t race my Rhodes.
I use it primarily for entertainment, sailing out to the islands for clamming or the restaurants for dinner.
If my wife is with me, I don’t sail to weather - I motor upwind.
Often, as I sail off the wind,  (Wife aboard) I don’t even bother to hoist the Main sail and sail on the big jib alone, which is fine sometimes and underpowered when it's light air.
So here is my question:
If I upgrade the boat to an IMF rig - does anyone have a used IMF Main in reasonable shape for sale?
Thanks
Ric
Sv Dadventure
Hampotn Bays, NY