[Rhodes22-list] IMF Mast & Sail

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Fri Dec 30 17:31:26 EST 2022

Happy New Year Rhodies !
I have a few questions - - -
Sorry if I’m repeating myself.
I received favorable replies to my previous question about the value of the change.
To reiterate.
I have the opportunity to convert my 1986 Continental Rig to and IMF mast and main sail.
There is a mast for sale in Mass. for $500  and a mainsail somewhere else for $400.
The mast, spreaders, furling tube  and boom are apparently complete except for the shrouds.
I happen to have a spare set of shrouds from yet another Continual style mast I have.
The Sail is 2009 vintage.  I assume it will cast a few hundred dollars in spare parts or part changes, like the pop top connector, electrical/lights connector changes, etc.
Questions:
Are the shrouds the same for both Continental and IMF masts?
Any other parts I should be aware of that might need replacing?
Where can I find IMF sail rigging guide?
Is there a vertical batten in all or just some of them?
Are they flat or round?
Does that matter?
Any issues with old sails and furling?
Thank you and  HAPPY NEW YEAR!