[Rhodes22-list] R22 posting on sailboatlistings.com

Bob Cohen bobfcohen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 08:08:10 EST 2022

The Rhodes 22 in Brian's post was my boat.  It was built in 1988 and refurbished by Stan in 2011.  It was in very good condition when we purchased it from Bruce Mackey of Suttons Bay, MI in 2019.  We then arranged for Chris Cowie to do some modernizing (installation of marine head and three-fold door, etc.) at his shop in Maryland.  We named her "Aria" and Chris put the new lettering (shown in the photos) on her.  After completion of the work, as Aria was being towed back to Michigan, she was slammed into by a van on the Pennsylvania Turnpike,  and returned to Chris's shop.   The collision destroyed the motor, smashed in the transom and damaged the left stern quarter of the hull and the deck above the transom.  The cost of repair was estimated to be about $20,000.  After difficult negotiations with State Auto, the van driver's  insurance company (whose adjustor declared it a total loss), we settled, signed over title to them, and purchased another Rhodes.

If anyone on the Rhodes list should want additional information about Aria, let me know.

Bob Cohen
s/v Silver Bay