[Rhodes22-list] Electric Motor

Cary Tolbert retiredtoby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 13:28:32 EST 2022

In my reading of sailboats references I came across this bit of info. A
sailboat needs a minimum of ONE horsepower for every 550 pounds of ballast.
It seems that a Rhodes 22 should require a minimum of 6 HP. My Rhodes came
with an 8 HP. The previous owner said they had to deal with river currents
and tides not to mention wind issues.
Cary Tolbert
S/V Whisper '86
Claytor Lake, VA