[Rhodes22-list] Annual Donation Reminder

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Feb 21 19:20:17 EST 2022

Fellow Rhodies,

The donors have been very generous! We have had donations ranging from $10 to $100. The fee for using a credit card varies depending on whether the card carries rewards points or not. The average fee is about 5.4% over the past year.

The total contributed since March 10, 2021 (starting date) is $1,257.00, netting $1,188.93 after $68.07 in fees. Everybody give themselves a hand!

By the middle of March 2021, we had collected $160.86, so I was able to pay the annual web hosting fee of $148.74 without being out of pocket any longer. When the bill came due this month, I was able to pay the $150.16 from the donations. We currently have $890.03 in the donations basket.

I plan to utilize some of the donations to create a larger version of the current website, providing the necessary infrastructure to support the website that Peter Nyberg developed last spring. It permitted posting directly on the website (Nabble forum style) so that emails would not be required. The Mailman email list will still be supported, permitting Rhodies to use the interface of their choice (email or forum). Additionally, we need to purchase a security certificate to prevent the site from being viewed as a security risk by the newer web browsers. Even with all of this ambitious work, I hope to have $400-$500 left for the future.

Thanks to all of the Rhodies for their generous contributions and to Peter for convincing me to put a donations button on the new site.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)