[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 in St. Maarten

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Jan 11 14:52:21 EST 2022

Jesse,

Here’s a combination 1-1/2” thru hull and matching seacock kit from Defender Marine ( www.Defender.com<http://www.Defender.com> ).  Marelon is a glass fiber reinforced polymer composite that was developed for structural marine (i.e. seawater) applications.  Marelon is not susceptible to electrolysis corrosion the way bronze is.  Basically, you would remove your existing thru hull and replace it with this.  The kit includes straight and 90 deg hose barbs for attaching the drain hose from the galley sink.  I would use the straight hose barb to avoid the potential flow obstruction in the 90 deg elbow.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

[cid:image002.png at 01D806FA.D51BF700]

Roger Pihlaja